Dress Us Up by John Mark McMillan
- Song Title: Dress Us Up
- Album: The Medicine
- Artist: John Mark McMillan
- Released On: 01 Feb 2012
- Download/Stream: iTunes Music
Dress Us Up by John Mark McMillan is a powerful and moving song that talks about the love of God and how it transforms our lives. The song is a beautiful expression of faith and the hope that we have in Christ.
The Meaning of Dress Us Up
At its core, Dress Us Up is a song about the transformative power of God's love. The lyrics speak of how God's love makes us shine and sparkle like stars. The imagery used in the song is powerful, and it paints a picture of God's love as something that is both beautiful and transformative.
The song also talks about the sacrifice of Jesus Christ and how his blood has the power to cleanse us from sin. The lyrics say, "Dress us up in the blood of a son who opened up his veins so that we would overcome hell and the grave in the power of his love."
The overall message of the song is one of hope and renewal. It reminds us that no matter how broken or lost we may feel, God's love has the power to transform us and make us new.
The Inspiration and Story Behind Dress Us Up
John Mark McMillan is a well-known Christian singer-songwriter who has written many powerful and moving songs. In an interview, he shared that the inspiration for Dress Us Up came from a conversation he had with a friend who was struggling with addiction.
McMillan's friend had been sober for several years but was struggling to stay on the right path. McMillan felt a burden to pray for his friend and asked God to intervene in his life. As he was praying, the words "dress us up in your righteousness" came to his mind, and he knew that God was speaking to him.
The song came together quickly after that, and McMillan said that it felt like a prayer that he was singing over his friend. The song has since become a favorite among his fans and has touched many lives with its powerful message.
Bible Verses Referenced in Dress Us Up
The lyrics of Dress Us Up are deeply rooted in Scripture, and there are several Bible verses that are referenced throughout the song. Here are a few of them:
- "Bring us in with a ring and a kiss" - This line is a reference to the parable of the prodigal son in Luke 15:11-32. In the parable, the father welcomes his wayward son back home with open arms and celebrates his return with a feast.
- "Every bottle of perfume always ends up on the floor in a mess" - This line is a reference to the story of Mary anointing Jesus with expensive perfume in John 12:1-8. Mary poured the perfume on Jesus' feet and wiped them with her hair, an act of great love and devotion.
- "You make us sparkle and you make us shine like the stars who sing on your chorus lines" - This line is reminiscent of Daniel 12:3, which says, "Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever."
Practical Application of Dress Us Up to Christian Living
The message of Dress Us Up is one that is relevant to all Christians, regardless of where they are on their spiritual journey. The song reminds us that God's love has the power to transform us and make us new.
For those who are struggling with addiction or other issues, the song is a powerful reminder that there is always hope. No matter how broken or lost we may feel, God's love is greater than our struggles, and he is always ready to welcome us back with open arms.
For those who are already walking in faith, the song is a call to continue pressing forward and seeking God's will for their lives. It is a reminder that we are called to shine like stars in a dark world, and that our love for God should be reflected in everything that we do.
In conclusion, Dress Us Up by John Mark McMillan is a beautiful and powerful song that speaks to the transformative power of God's love. The song reminds us that no matter where we are on our spiritual journey, there is always hope and that God's love has the power to make us new. As Christians, we are called to shine like stars in a dark world, and to reflect God's love in everything that we do.
The Lyrics published in this page is meant for educational and personal use only.