Eeh Bwana ukae nami ukae nami milele
Sema milele (milele)
Ukae nami milele
Bwana ni mlinzi wangu
Uvuli wa mkono wa kuume
Jua halitanipiga mchana
Wala mwezi wakati wa usiku
Utanilinda na mabaya yote
Utanilinda nitokapo na niingiapo
Sasa na milele
Oh Lord, stay with me and stay with me forever
The Lord is my protector
The shadow of the right hand
The sun will not beat me during the day
Nor the moon at night
You will protect me from all evil
You will protect me when I leave and when I come in
Now and forever
Tenzi /Hymn(Abide with me )
Kaa nami ni usiku tena
Usiniache gizani Bwana
Msaada wako haukomi
Nili pekee yangu kaa nami
Ukae Nami: A Song of Trust and Assurance
The song "Ukae Nami" by Henrick Mruma is a Swahili Christian song that speaks of trust and assurance in God's protection and guidance. This song is a beautiful expression of faith and devotion to God, which has resonated with many Christians across the world. The lyrics are simple, yet powerful, and they communicate a message of hope and peace to those who listen to it.
The Meaning of Ukae Nami
The title "Ukae Nami" translates to "Stay with Me" in English. The song is a prayer of trust and dependence on God, asking Him to stay with the singer always. The lyrics speak of God's protection, guidance, and presence in every aspect of the singer's life. It is a song that reminds us of God's faithfulness and love, and it encourages us to trust Him even in the darkest moments of our lives.
The Inspiration and Story Behind Ukae Nami
The inspiration behind "Ukae Nami" is not clear, but it is evident that the song has been composed from a place of deep faith and experience with God. The lyrics are a reflection of the singer's personal journey with God and a testimony of His faithfulness. The song has become popular among Christians in East Africa and beyond, and it has been used in various worship settings to encourage believers to trust in God.
Bible Verses References in Ukae Nami
The lyrics of "Ukae Nami" are deeply rooted in the Bible, and they draw inspiration from various verses that speak of God's protection, guidance, and presence. Here are some of the Bible verses that the song relates to:
1. Psalm 121:5-8 - "The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade on your right hand. The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life. The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore."
2. Psalm 46:1-3 - "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble at its swelling."
3. Isaiah 41:10 - "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
These verses, and many others, speak of God's protection, guidance, and presence in our lives. They remind us that we can trust in Him and depend on Him always, even in the darkest moments of our lives.
Practical Application of Ukae Nami to Christian Living
The song "Ukae Nami" has a practical application to Christian living. It reminds us that we can trust in God and depend on Him always, even in the darkest moments of our lives. Here are some practical ways in which we can apply the message of the song to our lives:
1. Trust in God's Protection - The song reminds us that God is our protector and that He will keep us from all evil. We can trust in His protection and know that He is watching over us always.
2. Depend on God's Guidance - The song speaks of God's guidance and how He will lead us in the right path. We can depend on His guidance and seek His will for our lives.
3. Rest in God's Presence - The song encourages us to rest in God's presence and know that He is with us always. We can find peace and comfort in His presence, even in the midst of difficult circumstances.
4. Share the Message of the Song - The message of the song is one of hope and assurance in God's faithfulness. We can share this message with others and encourage them to trust in God always.
In conclusion, the song "Ukae Nami" by Henrick Mruma is a beautiful expression of faith and devotion to God. It speaks of trust and assurance in God's protection and guidance and reminds us that we can depend on Him always. As Christians, we can apply the message of the song to our lives by trusting in God's protection, depending on His guidance, resting in His presence, and sharing the message of hope and assurance with others. May this song be a source of encouragement and inspiration to all who listen to it.