It Is No Secret by Anne Murray
- Song Title: It Is No Secret
- Album: What a Wonderful World (26 Inspirational Classics)
- Artist: Anne Murray
- Released On: 01 Jan 1999
- Download/Stream: iTunes Music
It Is No Secret by Anne Murray: A Timeless Christian Classic
"It is no secret what God can do, what He's done for others, He will do for you." These are the powerful words that open the timeless Christian classic song titled "It Is No Secret" by Anne Murray. This song continues to inspire and encourage believers across the globe, and it is no wonder why.
The Meaning Behind "It Is No Secret"
At its core, "It Is No Secret" is a song about the power and faithfulness of God. The lyrics remind us that there is nothing too hard for God to do, and that if He has done it for others, He can do it for us too. This message is a powerful reminder that no matter what we are going through, we can always turn to God for help, comfort, and guidance.
The Inspiration and Story Behind "It Is No Secret"
"It Is No Secret" was originally written by Stuart Hamblen, a prolific songwriter and broadcaster who was known for his Christian faith and values. According to Hamblen, the inspiration for the song came from a conversation he had with a friend who was going through a difficult time. Hamblen's friend was facing financial troubles, and he was worried that he would lose everything he had worked so hard for. But Hamblen reminded him that he served a God who was able to provide for all his needs, and that there was nothing too hard for God to do.
As Hamblen reflected on this conversation, he began to write the lyrics to "It Is No Secret." He wanted to create a song that would remind people of the power and faithfulness of God, and that would inspire them to trust in Him no matter what they were going through.
Bible Verses that the Song Gives
The lyrics of "It Is No Secret" are full of biblical references and allusions. Here are some of the key Bible verses that the song gives:
1. "It is no secret what God can do" - This line is a powerful reminder of the omnipotence of God. Throughout the Bible, we see examples of God's power and might, and this line reminds us that there is nothing too hard for Him to do.
2. "With arms wide open He'll pardon you" - This line is a reference to the parable of the prodigal son in Luke 15:11-32. In this story, a wayward son returns to his father, who welcomes him back with open arms and forgives him.
3. "There is no night for in His light, you'll never walk alone" - This line is a reference to Psalm 139:11-12, which says, "If I say, 'Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,' even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you."
Practical Application of the Song to Christian Living
So, how can we apply the message of "It Is No Secret" to our daily lives as Christians? Here are a few practical ways:
1. Trust in God's power and faithfulness - When we are facing difficult times or situations that seem impossible, we can take comfort in the fact that we serve a God who is able to do all things. We can trust in His power and faithfulness to see us through.
2. Remember God's forgiveness - Just as the prodigal son was welcomed back with open arms and forgiven by his father, we too can come to God with our sins and be forgiven. We don't have to carry the weight of our mistakes and failures on our own.
3. Walk in the light of God's presence - When we walk in the light of God's presence, we can be assured that we will never be alone. We can experience His peace, comfort, and guidance in every situation.
In conclusion, "It Is No Secret" is a timeless Christian classic that continues to inspire and encourage believers across the globe. Its message of God's power and faithfulness is just as relevant today as it was when it was first written. As we apply the message of this song to our daily lives, may we be reminded of the truth that there is nothing too hard for God to do, and that He is always with us, no matter what we are going through.
The Lyrics published in this page is meant for educational and personal use only.