When the Coyote Comes by Fernando Ortega
- Song Title: When the Coyote Comes
- Album: Fernando Ortega
- Artist: Fernando Ortega
- Released On: 10 Aug 2004
- Download/Stream: iTunes Music
When the Coyote Comes: A Song of Danger, Courage, and Redemption
The song "When the Coyote Comes" by Fernando Ortega is a hauntingly beautiful piece of music that captures the essence of danger, courage, and redemption. With its vivid imagery and poignant lyrics, the song paints a picture of a world filled with peril, where predators lurk in the shadows and the innocent are at risk. Yet at the same time, it speaks of hope and resilience, of the strength that can be found in the face of adversity and the power of faith to overcome even the greatest challenges.
The Meaning of "When the Coyote Comes"
At its core, "When the Coyote Comes" is a song about survival. It tells the story of a group of animals - including Epi and Lou, two cats, and Joe-Jack, a man - who are forced to confront the dangers of the wilderness when a coyote appears on the scene. The coyote, with its yellow-green eyes and howling cry, represents the threat that looms over them all. As the song unfolds, we see the characters struggling to stay alive, to find shelter and safety amidst the chaos and uncertainty.
Yet despite the danger that surrounds them, there is also a sense of hope and resilience in the song. The animals and the man are not simply victims of their circumstances - they are fighters, determined to survive no matter what. They run, they hide, they climb trees, they do whatever it takes to stay alive. And in the end, they emerge victorious, having overcome the coyote and lived to see another day.
There are many different interpretations of the song, of course, and each listener may take away something slightly different from it. But at its core, "When the Coyote Comes" is a testament to the power of courage, resilience, and faith in the face of adversity. It reminds us that even in the darkest of times, there is always hope, and that with determination and faith, we can overcome even the greatest challenges.
The Inspiration and Story Behind "When the Coyote Comes"
As with many great works of art, the inspiration for "When the Coyote Comes" is shrouded in mystery. Fernando Ortega, the songwriter and performer behind the song, has not shared many details about the inspiration behind the song, leaving it up to listeners to interpret for themselves.
However, there are some clues that can help us understand the context in which the song was written. Fernando Ortega is a Christian musician and songwriter, and many of his songs are inspired by his faith. It is possible, then, that "When the Coyote Comes" was written as a reflection on the challenges and dangers that Christians face in the world today.
The Bible is full of stories of people who faced great danger and adversity, yet who were able to overcome it through their faith in God. From David and Goliath to Daniel in the lion's den, these stories are a testament to the power of faith and courage in the face of overwhelming odds. It is possible that "When the Coyote Comes" was written as a modern-day retelling of these stories, reminding Christians of the importance of standing firm in their faith even when the world around them is filled with danger and uncertainty.
Bible Verses Referenced in "When the Coyote Comes"
While there are no direct references to Bible verses in the lyrics of "When the Coyote Comes," the song is full of themes and imagery that are deeply rooted in Christian theology. Here are a few Bible verses that may help to shed light on the meaning of the song:
- Psalm 23:4 - "Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." This verse speaks of the comfort and protection that God provides to his people even in the midst of great danger. It reminds us that we are never alone, and that even in the darkest of times, God is with us.
- 1 Peter 5:8 - "Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour." This verse speaks of the dangers that Christians face from the enemy, who seeks to destroy their faith and undermine their relationship with God. It reminds us to be vigilant and watchful, always on guard against the tactics of the enemy.
- Romans 8:31 - "What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?" This verse speaks of the assurance that Christians can have in their faith, knowing that God is on their side and that nothing can ultimately stand against them. It reminds us that even in the face of great danger and uncertainty, we can have confidence in our God who is greater than all.
Practical Application of "When the Coyote Comes" to Christian Living
So what can we learn from "When the Coyote Comes," and how can we apply its message to our own lives as Christians? Here are a few practical takeaways:
- Stay alert and vigilant. The animals in the song are constantly on the lookout for danger, and Christians should be too. We need to be aware of the threats that we face in the world today - both physical and spiritual - and be ready to defend ourselves and our faith.
- Have courage and resilience. The animals in the song face great danger, yet they never give up. They keep fighting, keep moving, keep trying to find a way to survive. As Christians, we need to have that same kind of determination and resilience in the face of adversity. We need to be willing to stand up for our faith even when it's difficult, and to keep pushing forward even when the road ahead seems dark and uncertain.
- Trust in God's protection and provision. Above all, the message of "When the Coyote Comes" is one of hope and trust in God. The animals and the man in the song are never alone - God is with them, providing comfort, protection, and guidance. As Christians, we need to remember that same truth. No matter what we face in this life, we can trust that God is always with us, always watching over us, and always providing for us in ways that we may not even be able to see.
In conclusion, "When the Coyote Comes" is a powerful and moving song that speaks to the heart of what it means to be a Christian in a world filled with danger and uncertainty. Through its vivid imagery and poignant lyrics, it reminds us of the importance of courage, resilience, and faith in the face of adversity. May we all find inspiration in this song, and may it encourage us to keep pushing forward in our journey of faith, no matter what challenges we may face along the way.
The Lyrics published in this page is meant for educational and personal use only.