A crown of thorns placed on His head
He knew that He would soon be dead
He said, "Did you forget me, Father did you?"
They nailed Him to a wooden cross
Soon all the world would feel the loss
Of Christ the King before His Hallelujah
He hung His head and prepared to die
Then lifted His face up to the sky
Said, "I am coming home now Father, to you"
A reed which held His final sip
Was gently lifted to his lips
He drank His last and gave His soul to glory
The soldier who had used his sword
To pierce the body of our Lord
Said, "Truly, this was Jesus Christ our Savior"
He looked with fear upon his sword
Then turned to face his Christ and Lord
Fell to his knees crying Hallelujah
Took from his head the thorny crown
And wrapped him in a linen gown
Then laid him down to rest inside the tomb
The holes in his hands, his feet, and side
Now in our hearts, we know he died
To save us from ourselves, oh Hallelujah
Three days went by, again they came
To move the stone, to bless the slain
With oil and spice anointing Hallelujah
But as they went to move the stone
They saw that they were not alone
For Jesus Christ has risen, Hallelujah
Cassandra Star (10) & her big sister Callahan (19) sing this beautiful & meaningful Easter version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah. These Easter lyrics were written by Kelley Mooney, the piano track was arranged by Jeff Buckley of Karaoke Studios & the recording by Maverick Judson of MJ Interactive.
**Title: An Easter Hallelujah by Cassandra Star Armstrong: A Song of Resurrection and Hope**
In the realm of Christian music, there are certain songs that deeply resonate with believers, carrying a message of faith, hope, and redemption. One such song is "An Easter Hallelujah" by Cassandra Star Armstrong. This powerful rendition of Leonard Cohen's iconic "Hallelujah" is specifically tailored for the Easter season, capturing the essence of Christ's crucifixion, resurrection, and ultimate victory over death. In this article, we will explore the meaning behind the song, delve into its inspiration and story, and highlight Bible verses that are intricately connected to its message.
**Understanding the Song: An Easter Hallelujah**
"An Easter Hallelujah" is a remarkable adaptation of Leonard Cohen's original song, featuring lyrics written by Kelley Mooney. In this version, the focus shifts to the central events of Easter, emphasizing the crucifixion, resurrection, and subsequent triumph of Jesus Christ. The song beautifully encapsulates the significance of these events and their profound impact on humanity's faith.
**The Inspiration and Story Behind "An Easter Hallelujah"**
While the specific inspiration behind "An Easter Hallelujah" is not readily available, it is important to note that the song draws from the biblical narrative of Jesus' crucifixion and resurrection. The lyrics poignantly capture the emotions and reverence associated with these events, serving as a reminder of the hope and salvation found in the Easter story.
**Biblical References in "An Easter Hallelujah"**
1. **Matthew 27:29** - "A crown of thorns placed on His head." This verse alludes to the painful and humiliating act of placing a crown of thorns on Jesus' head before His crucifixion. It symbolizes His sacrificial love for humanity and the burden He willingly bore.
2. **John 19:16-17** - "They nailed Him to a wooden cross." These verses describe the crucifixion of Jesus Christ, where He was nailed to a wooden cross as the ultimate act of atonement for our sins. It signifies His selfless sacrifice and the lengths He went to redeem humanity.
3. **Luke 23:34** - "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do." These words were spoken by Jesus while hanging on the cross, demonstrating His divine mercy and forgiveness towards those crucifying Him. It underscores His boundless love and willingness to intercede on behalf of humanity.
4. **Luke 23:46** - "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit." This verse reveals Jesus' final words before His death, expressing His complete trust in God the Father. It signifies His surrender and ultimate victory over death, as well as His role as the Savior of the world.
5. **John 20:1-18** - This passage narrates the resurrection of Jesus Christ. It depicts the empty tomb, the encounter with Mary Magdalene, and the disciples' realization that Jesus had indeed risen. This resurrection account is at the heart of the Easter story and conveys the hope and joy found in Christ's victory over death.
**The Meaning and Significance of "An Easter Hallelujah"**
"An Easter Hallelujah" holds immense significance for Christians, particularly during the Easter season. The lyrics, set to the familiar tune of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah," capture the essence of Christ's sacrifice, resurrection, and the hope it offers to believers. The song invites listeners to reflect on the profound love and mercy demonstrated by Jesus on the cross and celebrate His triumphant victory over death.
By focusing on the Easter narrative, "An Easter Hallelujah" serves as a reminder of the central message of Christianity - that through Jesus' death and resurrection, believers are offered forgiveness, redemption, and eternal life. It encourages listeners to embrace the hope and joy found in the Easter story, reminding them of the transformative power of Christ's sacrifice.
- Easter Hallelujah
- Christian music
- Crucifixion and resurrection
- Leonard Cohen
- Biblical references
- Easter story
- Hope and joy
- Love and mercy
- Eternal life
- Transformative power
"An Easter Hallelujah" by Cassandra Star Armstrong is a beautifully crafted song that captures the essence of the Easter story. With its poignant lyrics and powerful rendition, the song invites believers to reflect on the sacrificial love, forgiveness, and hope found in Jesus Christ's crucifixion and resurrection. Through its connection to biblical references and the central message of Christianity, this song serves as a reminder of the transformative power of faith and the eternal victory over death that Easter represents. As we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus during the Easter season, "An Easter Hallelujah" is a fitting anthem that stirs the hearts of believers and reminds them of the hope and joy found in the risen Savior.
The Lyrics published in this page is meant for educational and personal use only.